I made the opening credits to a fictitious film.
The concept is that the film starts the morning after the night before and the camera flies through the debris, coming to rest on scrunched up balls of paper that open to reveal the names of the cast and crew.
The best bit when making this was matching the audio to the visuals when I recorded the individual scratch tracks with my mate James (who produced all the music but no longer works in music production since he’s too busy running his awesome web agency ChambersJudd). With the help of my housemates, we set each ball of paper in front of a pretty shonky “green screen” and filmed it being pulled open using thread attached to each corner of the paper. I then sat with James and he came up with a DJ scratch sample for each of the bits of paper which we recorded pretty much all in one take. I then edited the paper moving to the audio scratch sample and composited the footage in to the shot. Not being an expert in all of the required techniques the learning curve was pretty steep. This was mostly because I used a really badly lit green-screen which meant that there was hours and hours of colour-keying and masking to do in post production..
I’ve always meant to revisit this and clean it up a bit and do a higher quality version but unfortunately I no longer have the original project files. The version I uploaded to youtube all those years ago is now the only existing version, but I’m still pretty happy with it.